Rajma/ kidney beans consisting of red kidney beans in a thick gravy with many Indian whole spices, and is usually served with rice.This delicious dish is easy enough to make for a healthy and hearty meal. Serve it over chawal (rice) or with roti for a protein-packed vegetarian meal.
It’s good accomplishment when served with rice. Itself is a complete meal. Rajma chawal is special dish in north India.
Rajma / kidney beans-1 cup
Water – 4 cups ( to boil rajma)
Onion-1 ( grated)
Tomato-1 big grated
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
Oil – 3 tablespoon
Coriander leaves chopped
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tablespoon
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1/2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
1. Wash rajma & soak overnight.
2. Morning rinse again & pressure cook with salt & turmeric powder for about 15 to 20 minutes. Switch off & let it cool.
3. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and splutter. Add grated onion & tomato. Sauté.
4. Add ginger garlic paste. Sauté. Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder.
5. Add boiled rajma to it. Cook well until spices goes in to cooked kidney beans.
6. Add garam masala.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve with rice.