Bottle gourd is a vegetable high on water and is a rich source of vitamin C, K and calcium. It helps in maintaining a healthy heart and brings down bad cholesterol levels. Bottle gourd is around 92% waterIt is one of the healthiest vegetables aroundAmong other things.
This is simple curry calls very few ingredients with bare to minimum spices. Bottle gourdpieces Cooked with milk gives aromatic taste to this dish. Soothens stomach n body coolant. Summers are best for this recipe.
Coming in to the recipe…
Bottle gourd ( tender)- 1 small
Onion – 1 chopped
Green chilli – 2
Curry leaves 2 twigs
Milk – 1 cup ( full cream)
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder…1/4 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard & cumin seeds.
2. Add onions and chilli, curry leaves.
3. Add salt, turmeric. Add chopped bottle gourd pieces.
4. Cook for 2 minutes in simmer with lid.
5. When raw smell goes & slightly cooked, add cup of milk. Cook without lid until milk evaporates.
6. Switch off and serve with rice.
FOLLOW me on instagram for regular updates & stories.