Desi recipe which is famous at Andhra Pradesh region. This curry goes well with rice or ragi sankati ( finger millet rice). Traditional Indian recipe one of my favourite.
Country chicken/ naatu Kodi- 500 GM’s
Onion – finely chopped 2
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Tomatoes- finely chopped -2
Chilli green- 5 to 6
Curry leaves few
Lavang( cloves) – 4 to 5
Dalchin / cinnamon- 1″ stick
Coriander seeds- 1 TSP
Poppy seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Pepper corns – 1 TSP
Elachi/ cardamom 2 to 3
Salt to taste
Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 4 tbsp
1. Wash chicken with turmeric & salt. Rinse twice and keep aside.
2. Marinate chicken with salt, turmeric n ginger garlic paste.
3. Cook marinated chicken in a pan. If not tender one cook in a cooker for two visitles.
4. Switch off n keep aside.
5. In a pan heat oil n add chopped onion and chilli. Then ginger garlic paste. Add tomatoes.
6. Saute. When it leaves oil, add chicken pieces ( cooked) . Mix well. add turmericn chilli powder.Cook for 5 minutes with lid . Add one glass water. Let it cook with all spices.
Dry heat all dry spices. Let it cool and grind in to fine powder.
7. Sprinkle ground garam masala. Cook for a minute.
8. Sprinkle coriander leaves. Serve with rice or ragi sankati.
1. Cook regular rice with water in a porridge consistency.
2. When cooked add finger millet powder and mix well with wooden spatula. Keep lid n cook with the heat for 10 minutes ( Flame off). Cook in a clay pot. Make in to round balls with wet hands ( when its moderately hot). Serve with sambar/ chicken curry.