A recipe from my daily cooking which I almost make twice a week. Most wanted vegetable in my menu! We add it sambar, in pulusu ( tangy gravy) etc… The simplest and most liked in a healthy way is below recipe. It calls for very few ingredients.
Ladies finger – 250 gm( washed & chopped)
Onion- finely chopped 1
Garlic cloves 5 to 6 crushed
Curry leaves few
Chana dal- 1/2 tsp
Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1/4 TSP
Cumin seeds- 1/4 TSP
Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
Turmeric a pinch
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add all seasoning ingredients.
3. Add onions chopped. Add bhindi pieces.
4. Add salt and turmeric.mix well.
5. Cook with lid for one minute. Remove lien fry for 5 minutes in low flame.
6. Gently mix. Add chilli powder.
7. Switch off when its done. Sreve with hot rice.
Tips- 1. Choose tender ones
2. Wash n pat drt on cotton towel to avoid sticking.