An authentic dish which is prepared in Andhra Pradesh region. A sour and spicy in taste goes well with rice and dal. Vegetables are cooked in tamarind juice and seasoning adds typical flavour to this dish. This is my personal favourite and regularly I cook in my kitchen. Let’s hop in to the recipe.
Cuisine: south Indian
Course: main course, side dish
Prep time : 30 minutes
Difficulty level : moderate
Bottle gourd- 1/2 piece ( cut in to dices)
Drumstick- 1 ( cut in to small pieces)
Brinjal – 4 to 5 ( slit in to 4 pieces)
Onion- 1( choped)
Green chillies- 2 slitted
Tamarind – lemon sized ( soak in Luke warm water for an hour and make juice out of it)
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Jaggery- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves few
garlic crushed- 4 to 5 cloves
Oil – 2 tbsp
Chana dal 1/2 tsp
Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Red chillies- 2
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Dry roast fenugreek (1/4 tsp), cumin seeds (1/2 tsp), coriander seeds ( 1 tsp) . Grind in to a fine powder and sprinkle on the pulusu.
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Add seasoning ingredients one by one.
3. Add onions and chillies. Saute.
4 add vegetables pieces. Add salt and turmeric powder.
5. Keep the lid. Let veggies cook. When veggies are half cooked add chilli powder and tamarind juice.
6. Keep flame low. Cook for 10 minutes. Add jaggery piece.
7. Switch off and add ground powder ( fenugreek, cumin and coriander) coriander leaves.
8. Serve with hot rice.