It’s been long time I have posted seafood recipes in my blog. Today I prepared this recipe after long time, it came out very well, so thought of sharing with you all. This simple south Indian style recipe is here.
Course: main course: side dish
Level of difficulty: easy
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Prawns- 500 gms
Onion- 2 medium size
Green chillies- 2
Curry leaves handful
Coriander leaves small bunch
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Oil / ghee – 3 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
Pepper corns- 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
1. Wash prawns with salt and turmeric.
2.Chop onions and mince coarsely in a mixer. Chop chillies.
3. Marinate prawns with 1/4 tsp salt and turmeric and ginger garlic paste. Cook until it’s raw smell disappear/ till dry. When cooked keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter cumin seeds
5. Add minced onions and chillies. Saute. Add ginger garlic paste.
6. Add turmeric, salt and curry leaves. Fry for a minute.
7. Now add cooked prawns to it. Fry in low flame.
8. Let prawns turn golden colour. Occasionally stirrings for even roasting.
9. Sprinkle coriander powder and pepper powder. Add coriander leaves. Mix and serve hot with rice and rasam.