A routine stirr fry recipe from my weekly menu. Less oil, more tasty and healthy cooking patterns are always good for sustainable cooking life style. Ingredients for this recipe are below…
Cauliflower – 1
Onion – chopped 1
Tomato- 1( sliced into big pieces)
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder pinch
Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/4 th tsp
Garam masala – 1/ 4 th tsp
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Wash and clean Cauliflower. Cut in to small florets. Keep in salt water for 10 minutes. Drain water.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
3. Add onions and chillies. Saute. Add tomato.
4. To this add salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
5. Add Cauliflower florets. Stirr well. Cook with lid on for 5 minutes. Cauliflower cooks with the tomato juice.
6. When florets are half cooked Remove lid. Let it fry.
7. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
8. When the florets are soft and cooked add coriander powder and garam masala. Stirr gently and switch off.
9. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with rice/ roti
1. Choose tender Cauliflower. Chop florets evenly.
2. Gently stir as the florets may tend to break.
3. Cook in a heavy bottom and wide pan. (To avoid non sticky and mushy fry)
4. Always soak florets in Luke warm or sal water to get rid of any small unwanted things/ chemicals in raw Cauliflower.