South Indian style fish curry without tamarind. Simple dish calls few ingredients like onion chilies & few spices. Quick view in to the recipe.
Onion- 2 big
Fish – half kilo
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves few
Green chillies – 2 split into two
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Chop onions and chillies.
2. Wash and clean fish pieces with salt and turmeric. Rub turmeric & salt and keep aside.
3. Coarsely grind cumin seeds and onion pieces in a mixer jar.
4. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add ground onion paste & green chillies. Saute until translucent.
5. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute.
6. Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
7. Mix well. Add fish pieces to it. Let it fry. Gently flip after 2 minutes. Let it cook on the other side too.
8. Sprinkle coriander powder and garam masala powder.
9. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
10. Serve hot with rice.
Follow me on Instagram …_ kitchen for regular updates and status.