A mouthwatering grandma’s recipe from my recipe book. Eggs are one of the the versatile ingredient that is used for many dishes, protein packed & nutrients enriched. This easy desi shakshuka is made with eggs that are gently poached in a simmering mixture of onion, chilli and milk. Here is the intresting recipe.
Onion 2 medium- finely chopped
Eggs – 3
Milk – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Chill powder- 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Garam masala pinch
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add chilles & onion chopped.
2 . Saute until translucent.
3. Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
4. Mix well. Add eggs. Do not mix. Pour 1 glass of full cream milk to it. Cook in low flame with lid on.
5. Do not flip now. Add 1/4 cup milk if needed. Once egg yellow is cooked , gently flip. Or you can serve as it is.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
7. Serve hot with rice or roti.