Raw jack fruit biryani is almost like chicken biryani. Tender jack fruit is used to make this biryani because the riped once are sweet and won’t go well with a spicy dish.
Basmati rice- 3 cups
Raw jack fruit- 250 gms( peeled & cut into small pieces).
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Onion chopped- 2
Green chillies- 5 to 6 slitted
Mint leaves handful
Coriander leaves few
Coconut milk – 5 1/2 cups
Curd – 1 cup
Bay leaves- 3
Cinnamon- 1 inch
Cloves – 3
Star anise- 2
Stone flower- 1 spoon
Saffron soaked in half cup milk
Spices to be grind:
Cinnamon- 1/2 inch
Coriander seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cardamom- 3 to 4
Poppy seed s – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 4 to 5
Coconut piece small
But meg- 1/4 piece
1. Soak jack fruit pieces in salt & turmeric water. Wash rice and soak in water.
2. Steam jack fruit pieces in a steamer and slightly fry and keep aside.
3. In a cooker heat ghee. Add whole spices and then onions and chillies. Add mint leaves n fry.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Fry well. Add jack fruit pieces.store well. Add salt, turmeric powder. Add curd.
5. Add soaked rice.fry for a minute.
7.add water. (For 1 cup rice 1 1/2 cup water for basmati rice). Adjust salt.
8. Cook under low flame for 10 minutes.
6. Now add ground spices mix.
9. Open when it is cooled. Serve hot with raita.