In jack fruit season try out this delicious recipe. It goes well with roti/ Indian bread. It calls for few ingredients.
Jack fruit raw( tender)- 250 gms( peeled and diced) ( immersed in salt n turmeric water)
Potato- 2 medium sized( cut like wedges) cut n keep in salt water.
Onion- 1 chopped
Chilli- slitted 2
Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds powder- 1/2 tsp
To be ground:
Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
Pepper corns- 1/2 tsp
✓ slightly roast and make fine powder.
✓ steam diced Jack fruit pieces.( 5 minutes)
1. Heat oil in a Kadai. Add cumin seeds, onion chopped n chillies.
2. Add ginger garlic paste.
3. Add potato pieces.
4. Add salt, turmeric, chilli and coriander powder. Cook with lid for 5 minutes.
5. Add steamed jack fruit pieces.
6. Mix gently and add powdered fennel and pepper powder.
7. Sprinkle garam masala powder.
8. Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with roti.