Aam panna is a refreshing summer coolant drink prepared from raw mangoes. Easy to prepare and its healthy too…it is rich in vitamin’c’and’A’& iron. As a sweeter you can choose jaggery/ sugarcane concentrate/ jaggery powder/ coconut sugar. Colour and taste may slightly vary. Adjust sugar and tangy ratio too as per your taste. I like less sweeter version so I added less sugar.
Raw Mango- 3 big
Sugar- 1 cup
Cumin powder- 1 tsp
Black salt- 1/4 th tsp
Mint leaves handful
Ginger- small piece
1. Wash and pressure cook mangoes, small piece of ginger with one glass of water.
2. Switch off n let it cool. When cooled remove mango skin and collect pulp in a pan. Do not discard water.
3. With the help of a blender mash pulp and add water ( in which mangoes boiled) . Cook for 2 minutes on medium flame. Add sugar and cook for 2 more minutes. Switch off. Let mixture cools. Add cumin powder and black salt.
4. This is the concentrate of aam panna. You can store this and mix with water whenever required in 1: 3ratio. 1 par concentrate n 3 parts Cold water.
4. In a blender or mixer jar add 1/4 glass concentrate and 3/4 glass of water n few mint leaves. Add ice cubes and serve chilled.
5. Garnish with mint leaves.
1. Use raw Mango.
2. Refrigeration up to 15 days.
3. Adjust ratio as per your choice.