It’s a myth that we need oil as a medium to cook tasty food, it’s the spices that enhances the taste not the oil. There are always healthy options without compromising on taste and nutrition. We justneed to findout …Instead of oils you can cook in coconut milk or cashew/ almond paste which are healthy fats to meet our daily requirement but in a moderate amount. Adding healthy fats and omitting unhealthy fats is always better. Here I used home made cow butter just to grease the pan, to saute onion as cow butter is low in calorie and healthy. Let’s hop in to the recipe.
Chicken – 500 gms
Onion chopped- 1
Green chillies- 2
Cow butter one tsp
Turmeric powder pinch
Salt to taste
Garam masala pinch
Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
To be ground in to paste:
Coconut small piece
Poppy seeds – 1/4 tsp
Pepper corns 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds 1/4 tsp
1. Wash chicken and drain water. Marinate chicken with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
2. In mixer jar grind all ingredients to be ground ( coconut, poppy, coriander seeds, pepper). Make a smooth paste.
3. Heat a pan and grease it with butter, add onions and chillies. Saute in low flame. Keep the lid and let onions sweat.
4. After 3 minutes add marinated chicken and close the lid. Cook in low flame until chicken cooks .
5. When chicken is cooked add ground paste into this. Add one cup of water and mix well.
6. Cook for two more minutes. Sprinkle Garam masala,coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or roti.