Fenugreek leaves chicken curry/ methi chicken is semi dry curry. It goes well with rotis as well as rice. Addition of few fenugreek leaves special flavour to the chicken. Below mentioned ingredients goes in to this recipe.
Chicken – 1/2 kilo
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Fenugreek leaves- handful
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Tomato- 1 big ( chopped finely)
Onion- 1 big ( chopped finely)
Green chillies- 3 to 4
Curd- half cup
1. Wash chicken and drain water. Add turmeric, salt and ginger garlic paste to it. Cook with lid for 10 minutes.
2. When chicken is cooked switch off the flame and keep aside.
3. In a pan heat oil, add chopped onions, green chillies. Saute. Add ginger garlic paste.
4. Now add chopped fenugreek leaves. Fry for a minute. Add tomato,salt, turmeric, chilli powder and coriander powder. Give a nice stirr.
5. Now add cooked chicken to it . Mix well. Cook in low flame without lid, so that all the flavours of spices goes well in to the chicken. Add half curd. Stirr well.
6. Whencurry attains semi gravy consistacy Sprinkle garam masala and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix gently.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves & serve hot with rice or roti.