Home made grilled paneer in tandoori style is so simple and hearty. Colour full capsicum and cottage cheese and Indian spices calls for this recipe. In a microwave oven you can prepare this barbecue paneer tikka. Serve this as side dish in main course. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Paneer/ cottage cheese – 500 gms( cut in to cubes
Onion medium – cut in to cubes
Calcium – red, yellow and green (deseeded and cubed)
Hung curd – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Chilli powder – 1 tsp ( Kashmiri)
Chat masaala – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Amchur powder- half tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice one tsp
1. Mix all dry ingredients in Hung curd.
2. Mix this paste well to the diced vegetables and paneer.
3. Marinate for one hour.
4. Take tooth picks or grill screws. Arrange one by one.
5. Set microwave oven in grill and micro mode. Grill it for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with your favourite dip as a side dish.
1. Hang curd in a muslin cloth for two hours for Hung curd. Thicker the curd tastier the tikka.
2. Use soft paneer/ tofu . I used home made cow milk paneer in recipe.
3. Kasoori methi and gram flour you can add for flavour in the marinate.
4. Cast iron grill pan is also good for this recipe.