Bitter gourd is my favourite vegetable. I love to cook as many ways I can. I enjoy cooking as well as eating bitter gourd curry/ fry/ pulusu/ stuff. Stuff one I make it occasionally as it needs time patience! But when you taste it you foget all your hard work.
Karela/ bitter gourd- 250 gms
Onion- 2 medium
Red chilli – 4 to 5
Salt to taste
Oil – 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp(dry roasted)
Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp( dry roasted)
Garlic cloves- 10
Turmeric powder- 1 TSP
1. Wash bitter gourd n peel / scratch gently the green layer. Make slit and remove seeds carefully. Rub salt and Turmeric and keep aside for half an hour.
2. In a mixer jar take onion, garlic, coriander, red chilli,salt, turmeric and cumin seeds. Grind coarsely.
3. Steam bitter gourd for 5 minutes. Let it cool.
4. Stuff the ground paste into karelas. Seal/ secure them with a thread and keep aside.
5. Heat a pan add oil and cook karelas in low flame. Keep flipping.
6. When it is cooked and turns golden brown switch off flame and serve with rice and Dal.( Remove threads while serving)