This is basically protein rich, a low carb diet recipe. Specifically for people on keto diet have restrictions for carbs, so this is perfect dinner/ breakfast recipe for them. For regular diet one can add wheat flour/ multi grain flour/ millet for binding to Lobia batter. Let’s hop in to this low calorie, low carb, less calorie yet nutritious and filling dinner recipe.
Lobia/ black eyed peas- 250 GM’s
Onion – 1(finely chopped)
Green chillies- 2( finely chopped)
Coriander leaves- finely chopped handful
Spinach leaves handful finely chopped
Carrot 🥕 grated- 1
Besan/ gram flour- 1 table spoon
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds- 1 TSP
Ginger grated- one TSP
1. Soak lobia for overnight/ 6 hours.
2. Finely chop onion,chilli, coriander leaves and spinach leaves.
3. Wash Lobia, strain . grind in to a coarse paste .
4.To the paste add all chopped ingredients, besan and salt. Mix well.
5. Heat a tawa sprinkle oil/ butter. Take handful of mixed batter and gently press on tawa like flat roti. Medium flame. Not too thin. Close the lid and cook on low flame.
6. Open the lid and flip the roti. Let the other side of the roti also cook evenly. Untill crisp and golden.
7. Serve hot with chutney or with your favourite dip.
1. Cooking in low flame is important.
2. You can grind this in to smooth paste and mix it in to your regular wheat flour to make your roti more nutritious. Or you can stuff and make paratas with butter or ghee.
3. You can add any leafy vegetables and veggies of your choice.