A simple curry which is almost prepared in every tradional Indian kitchen. Bottle guard is favourite vegetable for me specially the tender ones if cooked along with fresh milk..I never get bored of it. Vegetables when cooked along with dals it not only enhance its flavour but also helps in assimilation of food. Let’s go ahead in to the recipe.
Bottle guard/ LAUKI/ సొరకాయ – 1( preferably tender)
Chana Dal – 1 to 2 tsp
Onion chopped finely- 1
Green chillies- 2
Turmeric powder pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp
Chilli powder half tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
coriander powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Wash and soak Dal for half an hour.
2. Peel bottle guard and finely chop.
3. Heat one tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
3. Add onion and Chillies. Saute until translucent.add ginger garlic paste, turmeric and salt.
4. Add lauki pieces to it and cook for five minutes.
5. Add chilli powder and coriander powder. Add half cup water and cook. When it’s half cooked add soaked chana Dal and keep lid . Cook in low flame for 10 minutes.
6. Switch off and serve hot with rice.