Green leafy vegetables are good for health,so it’s important to include in our diet. Regular, monotonous way of cooking greens may get boring for kids. Bringing variations will not only makes cooking interesting but also meet our nutritional needs too. This one pot cooking dish will makes our cooking easier and it also helps kids to happily eat greens!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Course: main course
Spinach – 2 to 3 bunches( finely chopped)
Onion – 1(finely chopped)
Tomato- 1(chopped finely)
Green chillies- 2 (slitted)
Curd – 1/2 cup
Rice – 2 cups ( wash and soak for 30 minutes)
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Daniya powder- 1/4 tsp
Bay leaf – 2
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 3
Cinnamon – 2
Mint leaves fee
Coriander leaves handful
✓ you can make puree of spinach too instead of chopping.
✓ soak spinach in salt water for 10 minutes before chopping.
✓ spinach quantity you can take more or less as per your taste.
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a cooker, add whole spices, bay leaf, cloves,mace, cardamom, cinnamon sticks. Let it splutter.
2. Add onion and Chillies. Fry for a minute. Add ginger garlic paste and mint leaves and coriander leaves. Saute.
3. Add tomatoes chopped. Turmeric Powder and salt too. Add spinch and curd . Cook until soften.
4. Once moisture evoparates add soaked rice and fry.
5. Add 4 cups water ( for 2 cups rice) . If basmati rice take 3 cups of water only.
6. Close cooker lid and cook in low flame for 10 minutes.
7. Switch off after 10 minutes. Let it cool.
8. Open the lid after 15 minutes. Mix well and transfer in to a serving bowl.
9. Serve with hot rice and curd/raita