Spinach is a superfood. It is loaded with tons of nutrients in a low-calorie package. Dark, leafy greens like spinach are important for skin, hair, and bone health. They also provide protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals. . In winters as fresh greens are available use plenty and include in your daily diet. This simple stirr fry is not only healthy it’s delicious too!
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Palak/spinach – 2 bunches
Garlic pods 3 to 4
Red chilli- 2 whole
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tsp
Turmeric a pinch
Chana Dal, urad Dal, cumin – each 1/4 tsp
1. Wash and soak spinach in salt water for 10 minutes.
2. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel. Chop finely.
3. In a kadai heat oil and add seasoning ingredients. Fry for a minute.
4. Now add chopped spinach. Add turmeric and salt too.
5. Cook with lid for 2 minutes.
6. Remove lid and stirr well.
7. Serve with hot rice and roti.