Simple changes and combinations breaks monotonous cooking style. To make routine lunch interesting add small twists to the recipes without compromising on nutrition and taste. Some additions enhance the taste of the dish. This one is such recipe. Do try!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Course: Main course, side dish
Brinjal- 250 gms
Tomato – 2
Eggs – 3
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Green chillies 2 – cut in to small pieces
Ginger garlic paste 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curry leaves few
1. Use only purple long brinjal variety for this recipe. Select tender ones without seeds.
2. Immerse brinjal pieces in salt water after chopping. Rinse before adding it in curry.
1. Boil eggs and keep aside.
2. Cut brinjal in to long pieces and immerse in salt water to avoid discoloration.
3. Finley Chop tomatoes and keep aside.
4. In kadai heat oil add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Now add chopped onion and Chillies.
5. Add 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste. Fry well.
6. Add sliced brinjal stirr well and cook with lid for 2 minutes.
7. Once half done/ partially cooked add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Mix well.
8. Now add chopped tomatoes and keep the lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
9. Open the lid and add peeled eggs to the the curry, add 1/4 th cup water to it. Cook on medium flame for 2 more minutes or till water absorbs. By this way all the spices goes in to the curry equally.
10. Do not over cook this, as brinjal and tends to get too soften/paste.
11. Garnish and serve hot with rice or roti.