PAV BHAJI is a famous Indian Street food. It’s an iconic food from Maharashtra specially from Mumbai region. PAV is type of bread or bun. BHAJI means curry prepared by mixed vegetables, cooked and mashed topped with dollop of butter and garnished with coriander leaves. This can be enjoyed all around the year but in winters it’s more tastier with the availability of colourful veggies. I love to cook it often in winters.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Cuisine : Indian
1. Add vegetable of your choice.
2. Use fresh buns and add butter liberally.
Pav – 1 packet
Potatoes- 3 to 4
Beans – 200 gms
Onion – 1
Green chillies- 3
Shimla Mitch – 3
Tomato – 1 or 2
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Everest pav BHAJI masala – 1 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Butter – 100 gms
Coriander leaves few for garnishing
Onion one finely chopped for garnishing
1. In a pressure cooker heat 2 tbsp oil and add onion and fry well. When onion turns brown add ginger garlic paste.
2. Add all vegetables except tomato. When vegetables are sauted add pav BHAJI masala,chilli powder,salt, daniya powder and fry well.
3. Now add tomato. Cook with closed lid.
4. Stirr well and add 1/2 cup water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Let it cool.
5. Open lid after 15 minutes. Mash cooked bhaji with a masher.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and dollop of butter.
7. Heat tawa and slightly toast pav with butter.
8. Serve hot with bhaji and chopped onions & sliced lemon.