Sweets and savoury are part of festival season. Traditional savoury plays major part at festival time. This is one festival savoury made in almost every Indian homes. I would like to share some festive vibes with you all. Let’s hop in the recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Maida – 1 cup
Butter or ghee – 1 tsp
Semolina/ sooji – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Ajwain – 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying ( approximately 200 ml)
1. Seive flour and add salt, sooji, ajwain and oil. Rub well with the flour.
2. Mix well and add water slowly. Make dough. Knead well. Dough should not be too soft nor hard.
3. Rest dough for half an hour.
4. In a kadai heat oil for deep frying.
5. Devide dough in to small lemon sized balls and roll out like rotis.
6. Cut in to desired shapes.
7. Leave slowly all pieces in to oil. Deep fry in low flame. Keep stirring for uniform texture.
8. When turns in golden colour remove with a ladle and let it cool. Fry all the baches like above.
9. Store in airtight jar. Stays fresh up to 15 days.