Coconut laddu is a sweet delicacy from South India. Coconut is rich in mangenese, which is essential for bone health and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and cholesterol. They’re also rich in copper and iron, which help form red blood cells, as well as selinium, important antioxidant that protects your cells. Jaggery is rich in iron and a healthy option in place of sugar. This simple and traditional laddu is an good option for festival.
Coconut grated – 2 cups
Jaggery – 1 cup
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
1. Grate fresh coconut.
2. In a pan melt jagery till it bubbles.
3. Add coconut to melted jaggery. Stirr well and cook till moisture evoparates.
4. When the mixture hardens switch off flame. Let it cool.
5. Spread mixture in a plate and make laddus.
6. Store laddus in an airtight jar.