Beet root is rich in iron and is easy to cook. Simple stirr fry will bring your lunch beautiful colours along with nutrition. So, why late..let’s have quick look in to the recipe… This simple and quick and tasty recipe will add in to your recipe book for sure!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Cuisine: south Indian
Course: main course, side dish
Beet root – 2
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Red chillies – 3 to 4
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and peel beet root. Cut in to equal pieces. Keep aside.
2. In pan dry roast sesame seeds, red chillies, cumin seeds one by one. Let it cool. Grind in to a coarse powder and keep aside.
3. In pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add beet root pieces. Cook in low flame with lid.
4. Once it is half cooked add salt and remove lid. Stirr and fry it.
5. After 5 minutes switch off the flame and add sesame seeds powder. Mix well. Add curry leaves (optional).
6. Transfer in to a serving bowl.
7. Serve hot with rice and Dal.