I always try many cake recipies like eggless cake, milkmaid cake, fruit cake, wheat cake etc.. but this one is special recipe to me because this is my first cake recipe I have learnt 25 years ago. This recipe stood as my most trusted recipe and close to my heart. I love it’s texture, taste n flavour. Here, am sharing this recipe to you all, give it a try and let me know how it turned out.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
All purpose flour- 3 cups
Butter – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup(full cream)
Sugar- 1 3/4 th cup
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Vanilla essence- few drops
Cake seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder- 1 tsp
Coffee powder- 1/4 th tsp
Dry fruits – cashew nuts and raisins
✓ use fresh homemade butter.
✓ Beat with hand beater for pluffy cake.
✓ adjust the milk quantity by pouring slowly to the batter. 3/4 cup milk is enough. If needed take full cup.
1. In bowl beat butter & sugar in one direction till it melts.
2. Seive flour along with baking powder for better and even mixing.
3. Beat eggs till puffy. Then add butter & sugar mixture. Beat well again until uniform texture.
4. Now slowly add flour little by little, keep beating while adding flour. Beat in one direction. Mix well by adding milk.
5. Mix cocoa powder in Luke warm milk or water. Keep aside.
6. Now add cake seeds, essence and cocoa powder.
7. Final batter should be pouring consistency. Add dry fruits if you like.
8. Grease a baking tray.dust with flour and add batter.
9. Bake the cake at 180 °c for 30 minutes in convection mode. Preheat oven before baking.
10. Switch off off and let it sit for 15 minutes.
11. After 15 minutes take out from oven and cut in to desired shapes. Store in an airtight container. Stays fresh for a week at room temperature.