A light and tasty murmura laddu is one of the most loved sweet treat. Crispy laddus made with puffed rice and jaggery is a super light and low in calories.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Course: sweet dish & snack
✓use crispy and fresh murmura for making laddus.
✓ use dark and sticky jaggery.
Puffed rice/murmura- 3 cups
Jaggery- 1 cup
Water- 1 spoon
Ghee- 1 tsp
1. In a pan dry roast puffed rice. Let it cool and keep aside.
2. In a separate pan melt jaggery (strain jaggery syrup).
3. In a kadai add jaggery, one tsp water. Make syrup until 2 string consistency. When bubbles come check the syrup by dropping in a bowl of water.
4. When you drop in a bowl it should form like a soft ball and when you hit it water a crunchy sound should come.
5. Now switch off flame and add murmura. Mix well.
6. Grease your hands with ghee/ wet your hands with water to make laddus. You have to make laddus while the mixture is still hot. Let it cool.
7. Store in an airtight container. These stay fresh up to 15 days.