Methi paneer is one of my personal favourite. During winters fresh fenugreek leaves and home made with cashew nut paste gives you great taste. Hot roti/naan goes well with this curry.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Course: main course, side dish
Fenugreek leaves- 1 cup(finely chopped)
Paneer/cottage cheese- 250 gms( cubes)
Cashew nut paste/almond paste- 1 tsp
Fresh cream- 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
How to prepare:
1. In a pan heat oil add cumin seeds. When it splutter add onion and green chillies.
2. When onion turns translucent add ginger garlic paste and fenugreek leaves. Fry for a minute.
3. Add turmeric, chilli powder, daniya powder and stirr.
5. Now add tomato puree. Cook well.
5. Now add fresh cream. Mix well.
6. Add cashew nut paste.
7. Add 1/4 th cup water and cook well. Add paneer cubes. Mix well and sprinkle garam masala.
8. Serve hot with hot roti/ naan.