Looking for simple, tasty and nutritious salad, here it is! Beans, pomegranate,bolied potatoes, ground nuts, cucumber and few spices all you need. Pomegranate gives sweetness and roasted ground nuts gives nice crunch to the salad. Salad packed with protein, low carbs, veggies and fruits. What else do we need for fulfilling dinner?!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Lobia/black eyed pea- 1 cup
Pomegranate – 1/2 cup
Roasted ground nuts- 1/4th cup
Cucumber- half(cut in to cubes)
Coriander leaves few chopped finely
Onion- (chopped) 1
Cumin powder- 1/4th tsp
Chat masala-2/4th tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Wash and soak lobia for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Cook lobia Dal in a pressure cooker. Do not over cook.
3. Strain excess water. Keep aside.
4. In mixing bowl add diced cucumbers, boiled potato pieces, pomegranate, onion, tomato pieces and boiled lobia.
5. Mix well with an spatula and add cumin powder,chat masala, pepper powder and salt. Add ground nuts and coriander leaves too. Add lemon juice and Mix well.
6. Transfer in to serving bowl and serve.