It’s always the little things that makes us more happy.. little sunshine, a sip of coffee, watching rainbow, reading your favourite book, small sweet bites…it goes on! Yes, sweets are symbol of happiness. You can have healthy sweets with guilt free by adding nutrient substitutes but of course portion control is a must! As lockdown evoked inner chef in me it seems..I tried a little variation in my regular recipe and it turned out well. Here am sharing you the super quick recipe.. dry nuts and sugar that’s all..no ghee..no milk products! Just pick your ingredients from the kitchen pantry..get set go…
Ground nuts- 1/2cup
Walnuts- 1/4 cup
Almonds/cashew- 1/4 th cup
Sugar- 1 cup
Water- 1/2 cup
✓ Nuts are good source of fibre and healthy fats. Good for overall well being.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
✓ Instead of regular sugar you can substitute for low cal sugars.
✓ Dry nuts ratio you can take as per your choice of liking.
✓ nuts mixture and sugar ratio should be 1:1. If you take nuts mixture one glass and sugar should be one glass. Water half glass.
How to prepare:
1. Soak almonds in warm water for 10 minutes and peel off skin and keep aside.
2. Dry roast ground nuts.remove husk.
3. Slightly roast walnuts. Let it cool. Grease a tray and keep aside.
4. Now grind all the ingredients in to a fine powder. Do not over blend as it may release oil from nuts.
5. In a pan take 1 glass of sugar and half glass of water. Make sugar syrup of one string consistency. To check pour few drops in a bowl of water it should clot.
6. At this point add dry nuts powder and stir constantly to avoid lumps.
7. Keep stirring until the mixture leaves the pan, forms like thick dough.
8. Switch off stove and spread the mixture immediately on greased tray. Spread evenly when it’s still hot.later it becomes difficult to set.
9. Let it sit for 5 minutes cut in to desired shapes. When cooled completely store in an airtight container. Stays fresh for 1 week at room temperature.