This homemade dry fruit nutri mix powder is a blend of dry nuts, turmeric and spices. Adding this powder to a glass milk is a best and convenient way to incorporate dry nuts in our daily routine,as we all know the numerous benifits of nuts n spices. One can easily prepare at home easily, as store -bought powder may contain preservatives. Dry roast all ingredients mix and store it in an air tight container. Thats it, you are done! you can store this up to one month. This is a soul comforting cup of Nutty flavored turmeric milk. Add a teaspoon to your cup of milk. Stir well. Enjoy hot or cold. A perfect immunizing drink.
✓ Anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties
✓ Immunity booster
✓ nutrients rich
✓ helps in good sleep
Almonds- 1 cup
Walnuts- 1/4th cup(optional)
Cashew nuts- 1/4 th cup
Lotus seeds ( makhana)- 1/2 cup
Pepper corns: 1 or 2 tsp
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Dry ginger/sont- 1 tsp (powder)
Saffron- few strands
Jaggery powder – 1/2 cup(optional)
✓ Do not over grind powder. Coarse powder is good to go.
✓ Use dry jaggery powder only.
How to prepare nutri mix powder:
1. Soak almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel off its skin and dry roast in low flame.
2. Dry roast cashews, pistachio, lotus seeds seperaly one by one in low flame. Let it cool.
3. In a mixer jar blend all ingredients i.e roasted nuts and spices except jaggery.
4. Make it a coarse powder. Add dry jagery powder to it and mix well. Do not over blend.( If you overblend nuts leaves oil and the mixture becomes soggy.)
4. Store it in an airtight container. Use a dry spoon when ever you need. This will stay fresh up to one month at room temperature.
5. How to use:
• Boil milk and pour in a cup. Add 1 spoon of nutri mix and enjoy this delicious and healthy drink.
• For cold version add 1 spoon nutri mix to the cold milk and serve.