Life becomes monotonous when you have the same routine set of lifestyle. We are all vexed with the pandemic times. Making small changes in our day to day works makes big differences. adding few colors to it brighten our day. So why not we can start with our morning tea? would you like to start your day with a colorful, relishing, and healthy tea? A tea which is homemade, fresh, and a superfood! Here is the recipe for you. Hibiscus tea is an herbal tea made as an infusion from crimson or deep magenta-colored calyces (sepals) of the roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa) flower. It is consumed both hot and cold. It has a tart, cranberry-like flavor. Dried hibiscus can be purchased at your local health food store or online. Hibiscus tea is also available in pre-made tea bags, which can simply be steeped in hot water, removed, and enjoyed. It can be consumed hot or chilled it is often sweetened with honey or lime.
Benefits of hibiscus tea:
✓ contains antioxidants
✓ may lower blood pressure
✓ reduces menstrual cramps
✓ aids digestion, helps in weight management
✓ rich in vit c, laxative.
* excessive consumption (more than a cup) is not advisable.
* people with heigh/low blood pressure, pregnant and lactating women should not consume this tea.
Hibiscus flowers- 3 to 4
Water- 4 cups
Fresh lime juice
As sweetener honey.
How to prepare:
1. Remove calyx(the base green part )of the flower and remove pollens too.
2. Boil water and switch off flame. Add hibiscus flowers. Let it steep for 10 minutes.
3. Strain in to a cup .you can add honey, lemon zest or juice. Or you can just have it plain.
4. You can have it either hot or chill. Refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours. Either way is refreshing!