Got bored of making routine vegetable stirr fry. Add small twist and drama to the recipe. You will be amazed by the result. Especially when you are making vegetables like kundru/dondakaya/tindora/ivy gourd. To make it more interesting do little edits which makes big difference in your meal. let’s go into the recipe!
kundru/dondakaya/ivy gourd- 250 gms
Tamarind pulp- 1/2 tsp
Garlic pods- 5 to 6
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 th tsp
salt to taste
cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
chana dal – 1/2 tsp
urad dal- 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds- 1/4th tsp
red chillies whole- 2
oil – 2 tbsp
curry leaves- few
1.Use tender kundru. Do not use ripe ones.
2. Cook in low flame and stirr carefully.
3. cooking in clay pot enhance its flavours.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1.wash kundru/ivy gourd well. slit in to four .discard if there are any ripen. keep aside.
2. Grind onion, cumin and garlic in to a coarse paste.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai add kundru, salt and turmeric powder. let it cook for 5 minutes in low flame. once they are semi cooked remove from kadai and keep aside.
4. In the same kadai add one moe tbsp of oil and add all seasoning spices. let it splutter.
5. Then add ground masala paste to it fry well in low flame till oil leaves the masala.