Are you craving for something crispy, crunchy in this monsoon. If yes this post is for you. Made with cabbage, onion, gram flour, and few spices and then fried to perfection. The hot, delicious fritters are great as a snack as well as an appetizer. This traditional Indian vada is vegan and gluten-free. Try these healthy vadas for your family.
Cabbage – 1 small(finely chopped)
Gram flour- 1 cup
Green chillies- 2(chopped)
Coriander leaves- handful
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Curry leaves few
Salt to taste.
- Add one tsp gram flour or rice flour if mixture is moist after steaming.
- Do not add water.
- Fry in medium flame.
- If you don’t like to deep fry, you can use an airfrier to prepare this dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
1. Chop all vegetables finely.
2. Add gram flour, salt, cumin, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
3. Steam this mixture in a cooker for 10 minutes. Switch off stove and let it cool.
4. Shape in to small vada’s . Dust with cornflour if needed or dip vada’s in cornflour paste.
5. Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry vada’s in medium flame.
6. Serve hot with mint chutney or sause.