Capsicum/bell pepper tomato curry is a simple recipe yet vibrant and healthy. Using bell pepper in my cooking is a joy for me, not just because it gives a beautiful color to the dish, you can create more variations with this vegetable always. You can play with the ingredients in this recipe. additions, subtractions with the ingredients. Isn’t it interesting? yes, you can always add more cashews, more tomatoes, fewer chilies, or you can include cottage cheese/paneer. All just in the way we love to eat. Today I would like to share my version of this recipe. You can try variations in this or follow as it is! Enjoy the pleasure of cooking.
Bell pepper/capsicum/Shimla mirch- 250 gm
Onions- 3 medium size
Green chillies (optional)- 2
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
Cashew nuts- few
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 1/2tbsp.
✓ To make rich add more cashews.
✓ cottage cheese/ paneer can be used in place of cashew nuts. But add at the end.
• ✓✓ cashew nuts are healthy fats. Considerable amount of cashews in your diet can provide you many health benefits.
•✓✓ Bell peppers are excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C,and potassium.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
1. Heat oil in a pan. To it add mustard seeds, chillies and cashews.
2. Add ginger garlic paste paste and fry well.
3. Add onions and saute well.
4. To this add capsicum pieces fry for a while and add Turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
5. Fry for a minute and add chopped tomatoes.cook well with lid on.
6. Add 1/4 cup water and let it simmer for few minutes.
6. When water evaporates, sprinkle a pinch of garam masala (if you like). Switch off the flame.
7. Serve hot with rice or roti .