Paalataalikalu is a sweet dish specially prepared on Ganesh Chaturthi as an offering to Lord Ganesha. It is South Indian cuisine but mainly prepared in the Andhra Pradesh region. The key ingredients of this recipe are milk, jaggery, and rice flour. This creamy, delicious authentic payasam will make your festival brighter!
Milk- 500 ml
Jaggery- 3/4th cup
Water- 1/4th cup
Cashew nuts- few
Cardamom- 2 or 3
Sago(small)- 1 tbsp
Ghee- 1 tbsp
Rice flour 1 tsp and water 2 tbsp water to make smooth paste.
Rice flour- 1/2 cup
Water- 3/4th cup
Sugar- 1 tsp
- 1. Use full cream milk.
- 2. To make like rice noodles you can use murku maker. Hand made once consue time.
- 3. Mix one tsp of rice flour with water and add to the boiling milk to get thicker consistency of the kheer.
- 4. Adjust jaggery as per taste. You can take sugar and jaggery equal parts or can simply replace with sugar too.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time- 30 minutes
✓making jaggery syrup
✓making of noodles with rice powder
✓fry cashews in ghee
✓ mix 1tsp rice flour in 1/4 th cup water.(optional)
1. For making jaggery syrup dissolve 1/4th cup grated jaggery in 3/4th cup. Melt in low flame and keep aside.
2. For taalikalu boil 2/3rd cup(120ml) water, add sugar.when water starts boiling keep flame low, add rice flour slowly. Switch off the flame and mix well with spatula.let it cool and knead like a dough. Now make like noodles with hand by dusting rice flour. Keep aside.
3. Boil milk and add soaked sago to it and cook for a while. Now add rice noodles to it . Do not stirr immediately it may tend to break. Cook for few minutes and switch off the flame. After 5 minutes add melted jaggery syrup to it stirr carefully.
4. Garnish with fried cashews .