Since morning it’s raining here and I thought I will make something super quick and delicious lunch. So, I prepared sambhar and arbi fry. Today I will share you arbi fry recipe in South Indian style, crispy and simple to prepare. No onion, no garlic recipe is easy to cook with less oil. It’s a gluten-free and vegan dish.
✓Taro root is a root vegetable. It is high in fiber and has fewer calories than a potato. It’s available year-round.
- Arbi – 500 gms
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste.
1. Do not over cook arvi in cooker.
2. Roast in low flame in a heavy bottom non stick kadai, other wise tend to stick at the bottom.
3. Cast iron preseasoned kadai is ideal for this recipe. It takes minimum oil to fry.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Cuisine: south Indian
Course: side dish
1. Wash & rinse arbi with water. Pressure cook for 2 whistils. Keep it aside.let it cool.
2. When it is cooled, peel and cut in to slices.
3. Heat a fry pan and add 1 tbsp oil to it.once oil heats add arvi pieces. Keep the flame low and fry well.
4. Keep stirring occasionally.
5. When it turns to golden brown colour add turmeric, salt and chill powder.stirr well.
6. Serve with hot rice and sambhar.