Sweets are an integral part of Indian cuisine. We celebrate our traditions on festivals, birthdays, anniversary, get-togethers, marriages with these magical morsels. Mithai is the center of attraction of all these happy moments. Every state in India celebrates its unique festival by sharing and enjoying their special culinary delicacies. It may be laddoo, kheer, or halwa! Badam halwa is a royal dessert, But the simple process and very few ingredients, it takes patience and time to make a good badam halwa. This is a rich and heavy dessert, just two spoonfuls are enough to give you a heavenly feeling. right sweetness, good texture, and color give authentic taste to this delicacy.
✓Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium, and vitamin E’ which helps in better digestion, healthy skin, and silky hair
✓ Ghee is a super food and aids digestion
Almonds – 250 gms
Sugar- 150 gms
Milk/water – 1 cup
Saffron- few strands soaked in 1/4 th cup milk
Ghee- 1/2 cup.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour
COOKING TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours.
1. Use heavy bottom kadai for making halwa.
2.keep stirring in low flame continuously. Otherwise it may tend to stick.
3. You can take one or more tsp sugar if you like. Ghee also you can pour liberally to enhance its taste .
4. Don’t use cardamom, it may dominate saffron and almonds natural flavour.
1. Soak almonds in warm water or you can keep in microwave for 2 minutes . let it soak for 1 hour.
2. Peel off its skin . Discard peels.
3. Grind almonds with milk in to a coarse paste.
4. In a heavy bottom kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and add almond paste to it. Add few tbsp milk if needed.
5. keep stirring continuously in low flame. Add two tbsp ghee.
6. Add sugar and keep stirring.
7. When moisture evaporates, mixture starts leaving kadai, add saffron milk and mix well.
8. Switch off the flame and serve hot or cold. stays fresh at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.