- Semolina/sooji- 1cup
- Green chillies-1 or 2
- Ginger- 1/4 cm
- Eno salt-1 packet
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida/Hing/inguva- one pinch
- Turmeric powder- one pinch
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Green chillies- long splitted
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves few
- Dry coconut grated – 1 tbsp
- Sugar water (Optional – if you like little sweetness you can sprinkle sugar water)
- Batter consistency should be like idli batter consistency..in a pouring consistency.
- Cooking time in microwave is 3 minutes. Check with toothpick, not done cook for two more minutes.
- You can cook in an steamer or idli cooker too.
- Transfer and microwave immediately once you add Eno to the batter. Keep lid while cooking in microwave.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
1. Grease a microwave friendly tray and keep aside.
- Coarsely grind green chilli and ginger.
- Mix all the ingredients except Eno. I.e curd, semolina,salt, asafoetida, turmeric and chilli ginger paste.
- Mix well.now add Eno n mix well. Immediately pour batter into the greased tray with lid and microwave for 3 minutes.
CAUTION– Cook in microwave mode with a lid on.
- After 5 minutes cut in to pieces and add to seasoning.
- In a kadai heat 1 tbsp oil and add green chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve with tomato sauce or green chutney.