If you are a seafood lover then this biryani recipe is for you! This simple, delightful, aromatic biryani will linger on your tastebuds so much that it will be a new addition to your special menu!
This delicious Andhra style biryani made with basmati rice, prawns, yogurt,spices, and herbs. This is not only a treat for your eyes but also tastes well.
Basmati rice- 500 gm
Prawns- 500 gm
Green chillies- 4 to 5
Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
Ghee/oil – 1/2 cup
Curd- 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Mint leaves- hand full
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Spices to be grind in to paste:
Coriander seeds- 1 tsp
Poppy seeds- 1/4 tsp
Bay leaf- 3
Cinnamon- 1/2 cm
Star anise- 2
Shahjeera- 1/2 tsp
1. Always use heavy bottom utensils for making Biryani.
2. Use good quality of basmati rice.
3. wash (cleaned & deveined) prawns with salt and turmeric well.
4. Pre-soaking time for rice is 1 hour
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
1. Boil prawns by adding salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric well. Keep aside.
2. Wash and soak rice and keep aside. Dry roast all the spices meant for grinding .grind in to a paste after it comes to room temperature.
3. In a cooker add ghee and add all seasoning spices one by one.let it splutter.
3. Add onions and green chillies saute well. Now add mint leaves,ginger garlic paste n fry for a minute.
4. Add prawns n fry well.now add curds,chilli powder ,salt and ground spice paste. Cook well.
5. When it’s done,add soaked drained rice and fry well.
6.Add water adjust salt as per your taste.
Note: Take 6 cups water for 4 cups rice.
7. When water starts boiling keep cooker lid and keep the flame low for 10 minutes.
8. Switch off the flame exactly after 10 minutes.
9. Open the cooker lid after 15 minutes and spread in a tray. Mix gently and garnish with boiled eggs, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
10. Serve hot with onion raita.