Two simple ingredients,few minutes in kitchen..end product is this authentic sweet. It’s quick recipe with heigh nutritional value.
Homemade food is always a healthier option. pea nuts contain essential healthy fats, which helps to increase good cholesterol (HDL)in blood, inturn prevent heart deseases by taking care of blood lipid profile.
Having this bar as a mid day snack is good for weight watchers too. Second ingredients in this recipe is jaggery. It is claims include improved digestive health, anaemia prevention,liver detoxification and improved immune function.
Pea nuts- 1glass
Jaggery- 3/4th glass
Water- 1 spoon
• Use same measurement cup for pea nuts and jaggery.
• Use good quality of jaggery.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
1.Dry roast pea nuts in a heavy bottom kadai. Let it cool. remove husk and keep aside.
2. Grease a steel tray and keep aside.
3. In a heavy bottom pan add grated jaggery and water. Melt it on heigh flame.
4. Once it melts reduce flame and keep stirring until the desired consistency of the jaggery syrup.
5. when syrup changes its colour to dark brown add few drops to a bowel of water to check . If jaggery drop settels in water like a hard,non sticky and crunchy , add peanuts n mix well for a minute.
6.Switch off the flame, transfer the mixture in to the greased tray. Spread it well .
7. Cut in to pieces when it comes to room temperature.
8.store in an airtight container.