Vermicelli upma is better option in those busy mornings when you are running out of time. This home made breakfast is popular in South India. Non sticky, lemon enriched, mouthwatering recipe is here for you all.step by step instructions will give you an interesting overview.
Vermicelli – 2 cups
Green chillies – 2
Lemon – 1
Curry leaves – 2 twigs
Ground nuts or cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
Chana Dal – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 4 tsp
Salt to taste.
Add one tsp oil in to boiled vermicelli for non sticky upma.
1. Boil 6 cups of water add one tsp spoon oil and one tsp spoon salt.
2.when water starts boiling add vermicelli and cook for 2 minutes.
3. When vermicelli is boiled transfer to a strainer and pour some cold water. Now add 1 tsp oil and mix well. Keep aside and let it cool.
4. In a kadai heat 2 tsp oil add chana Dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
5. Now add turmeric powder and salt.
6. Finally add boiled & cooled vermicelli and stir well.
7. Switch off the flame and squeeze lemon juice n mix well.
8. Garnish with cashew nuts or ground nuts.serve hot.
Where to Buy: